The Women's Ministry Classes exist to provide a comfortable setting where women can develop a thirst for God's Word, be encouraged in their spiritual growth, and foster meaningful friendships.
- Gideon Study - Every Wednesday @ 9 a.m.
(Grace Meeting Room)
- Contact person: Linda Bunnell firstname.lastname@example.org
- From September 18th through October 30th (weekly).
- Do you feel overwhelmed? Inexperienced? Insuficcient? Too old? Too young? If you've ever struggled with insecurity or had trouble accepting your limitations, this study will help you see how God can use your weakness to unlock His strength. Gideon involves so much more than a wet fleece adn a battle won with 300 soldiers.
- Materials: Women need to purchase the book for themselves.
"Gideon: Your weakness. God's strength." by Priscilla Shirer
- Precept Bible Study - Every other Monday @ 6:30 p.m.
(Grace Meeting Room)
- Contact person: Sherry Trump email@example.com
- Starting September 9th (bi-weekly)
- The Precept Bible Study on 1 Thessalonians is an inductive Bible study which means women will learn by Observation, Interpretation and Application. The bi-weekly meeting will be a time over previously assigned homework (approximately 5 hours) to observe the scripture, what it says, what it means and how it applies to life. Each meeting will also include teaching by Kay Arthur (DVD). You will be challenged, but you will receive the reward of seeing God's Word like never before.
- Materials: Women need to contact Sherry Trump for class materials.
- Sermon on the Mount Study - First Thursday of the month @ 9 a.m. (Central Grille - Doe Run Road)
- Contact person: Elaine Mummau firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting September 5th (monthly)
- Meeting on the first Thursday of each month at the Central Grille to study and discuss the Sermon on the Mount. Come equipped with your Bible and a thirst for God's Word.
- Jonah Study - Every other Monday @ 6:45 p.m.
(Karen Williams' home - 656 Quarry Road)
- Contact person: Kelly Gerhart email@example.com
- Starting September 16 (bi-weekly)
- This group uses the book "Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted" by Priscilla Shirer. The study looks at life's interruptions and our perspective on them. Women will dive into the story of Jonah and discover that what we see as interruptions may truly be God's diving invitation to a life so much bigger than we imagine.
- Materials: Books can be requested through Kelly Gerhart.
- Lord's Prayer Study - Second Monday of the month @ 7 p.m.
- Contact person: Joan Erb firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting September 9th (monthly)
- This study of the Lord's Prayer will use the book "Prayer: The Great Adventure" by Dr. David Jeremiah in conjunction with Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer (SOAP Method).
- Materials: Study guide. Contact Joan Erb.